There’s a Roof Fungus In Tampa!
Say Goodbye to Roof Fungus, Molds, and Black Stains in Tampa!
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa safely cleans and protects
shingle and tile roofs for proud homeowners!
Certified Roof Cleaners!
- Why Use Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa ?
- WHY YOUR ROOF SHINGLES AND TILES ARE TURNING BLACK– Remember the first time you looked up at your roof, and noticed those black stains appearing on your shingles or tiles ? Do you remember how you felt when you saw it slowly spreading across the roof ? Your home was fairly new and your roof barely a few years old. How could this be happening, and what was causing it? Well, you weren’t alone in your frustration. It appears that this is quite a common occurrence in Tampa Florida. Even on a roof with fungus resistant shingles, the fungus protection applied by the manufacturers of the shingles can begin to fail as soon as 2-3 years in Tampa, after installation. As the protection fails, staining can appear within six months. In Tampa Florida’s hot & humid climate, it seems that inevitably a fungus actually begins to grow on your roof shingles and tiles, leaving behind these unsightly black stains that continue to spread across your shingle or tile roof if left untreated. These fungi live abundantly in the soil here in Tampa. Like all fungi, they multiply by microscopic spores which float through the air and after landing on a hospitable surface, germinate. Fungi feed on organic matter such as wood, paper and asphalt, just to mention a few, and in the process, decompose and eventually destroy the material on which they grow.
- Tampa’s Best Roof Cleaners!
- HOW THIS FUNGUS COULD BE COSTING YOU MONEY.– Besides making your home look old and unsightly, researchers looking into this problem have discovered that this fungus could actually be costing you quite a bit of money. If your roof has fungus growth, temperatures under your roof become higher, increasing your monthly air conditioning costs and possibly even shortening the lifespan of your air conditioning unit. Bugs and pest infestation in the property could also cause something of a similar problem. They could eat away at your beautiful decor and compromise the health of your family members. Contact Pest Removal Experts – BBEA to deal with this problem. Check out for reliable air conditioning systems. Some of these studies have revealed reduction of under-roof temperatures in Tampa by anywhere from 10 – 20 degrees once the fungus has been eliminated. Some homeowners here in the Tampa area have seen utility savings of up to $20-$25 per month. In fact, there is a noticeable difference in your tampa electric bill if the change in you attic temperature reduces the temperature in your living space by just 3-4 degrees.
SHORTENED TILE AND SHINGLE ROOF LIFE AND INCREASED ALLERGIES.– Compounding the problem, the same studies seem to indicate that the lifespan of your roof is shortened by the increased granule loss from thermal expansions and contractions commonly experienced with this problem. This expansion and contraction can cause a weakening around the fastenings of the shingles on your roof. Also, unhealthy fungus spores and mold could conceivably be tracked into your home. For those Tampa Homeowners suffering from allergies, this breeding ground on your roof could really cause some suffering.SO, HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THIS FUNGUS? As with most of these types of problems in Tampa, everyone you speak with seems to have a different opinion. Some owners believe that cleaning the roof with a high pressure water hose is the best treatment. While it is our understanding that this might temporarily eliminate most of the fungus, enough of the fungus is left behind, actually embedded in the ceramic granules on the shingles, to quickly cause future problems. In addition, high pressure water treatments do seem to damage your shingles over time, causing granule loss and shortening the life of your shingles. Keep in mind, the granules on your shingles are the sources of not only the color of our roof, but also your heat-reflective protection. Granule loss should be avoided. Other owners we spoke with seem to swear by brushing chlorine. They simply apply chlorine to the roof and with a broom, scrub the roof and then simply rinse with an ordinary garden hose. Studies indicate, however, that the use of brushing on your roof can trigger unwanted side effects to your roof, causing shingle deterioration and brittleness, as well as causing damage to the shrubs and sod around your home.THE BEST WAY TO TREAT ROOF FUNGUS. So far, the best way to treat this fungus problem is by using the services of professional companies like Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa, equipped with the right products to eliminate the fungus, applied by trained technicians experienced with these products. Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa will send trained, experienced technicians to your home to apply special, environmentally safe formulas that will not only clean the fungus from your roof once and for all, but also apply a second clear coating that remains on your roof suspended in a bonding agent that prevents future fungus growth. They rinse the treatment with sprayers stronger that a garden hose, but considerably less intense than a high pressure water hose. After your roof has been treated and the fungus totally eliminated, Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa recommends a “lighter” treatment approximately every year. Our company offers an unconditional guarantee that this program, called Guardian Roof Maintenance will keep your roof fungus and stain free. The cost of the treatments depends on the size of your roof
- Of the people in Tampa we spoke with, most seem to be extremely satisfied with the results, the fungus has never returned and a number of Tampa owners have, in fact, been experiencing lower utility bills each month of a least $15-$25.That ugly Black Fungus on your roof is stealing your money!
- Higher Under-Roof Temperatures increase air conditioning costs.
- Heavier Air Conditioner use shortens your air conditioner’s life.
- Unsightly Appearance decreases property values in your neighborhood.
- Shortened Roof Life because of increased granule loss from thermal expansions/contractions.
- Unhealthy Fungus Spores and Mold can be tracked into your home; especially unhealthy for those suffering from allergies!
- You’ll have a Beautiful Roof Again!
- No Damage Chlorine Brushing !
- Not High Pressure Washing – does not wash the granules from your roof.
- Reduced Under Roof Temperatures reduction as much as 10 degrees.
- Less Air Conditioner Run Times – savings as high as $35 per month possible in Tampa.
- Safer and Cleaner Living Areas – no unhealthy fungus spores and mold tracked into your home.Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Guarantee: For as long as you continue on our Guardian Roof Maintenance Program, you have an unconditional and transferable guarantee that your shingle or tile roof will remain free of fungus growth and stains and retain its like-new appearance for the life of the roof.
Apple Roof Cleaning of Tampa Florida (813)655-8777 has led the industry in protecting “Asphalt and Fiberglass Shingles” since 1991. It is recognized as the safest, most respected service because it contains no Lye, and totally eliminates the need to ever have your roof pressure cleaned. Roofs that are protected by us stay clean and beautiful all the time, and are proven to last much longer!
Apple Roof Cleaning Of Tampa’s Guardian Roof Maintenance Program provides an excellent, low cost treatment that kills fungus spores at the microscopic stage and helps extend the life of your roof by bonding the surface! Our “Apple Sauce” is applied yearly, and like a professional lawn care or pest control service, it becomes an integral part of the maintenance of your home. Hundreds of homeowners in Tampa Florida are having their roofs treated and protected successfully with extraordinary results.