Here are a few suggestions from Apple Roof Cleaning on Shingle Roof Care.
Asphalt and Fiberglass based roofing materials are by far the most common roofing shingle product in the USA.
Many of these will last for 35 years or longer if applied according to manufacturers specifications.
Asphalt and Fiberglass shingles also last longer on steeper sloped roofs.
These roofs shed water faster and this helps extend the life span of the asphalt products. This, couple with a few other services and including a, will finish the look of the house.
Excellent under roof ventilation will also help extend the life of an asphalt shingle roof.
This air movement in the attic space allows the roof deck to stay as cool as possible.
It is a good idea to perform at the very minimum an annual roof shingle inspection.
Our Florida weather can force water into your home any number of ways, and in the process, also sweep in many insects and bugs, which’d make it imperative for you to call in.
Furthermore, Shingle workmanship defects can cause problems to appear at any given time.
The biggest problem areas tend to be roof flashings.
Flashings are transitional roof materials that connect roofs to other parts of the house.
You will find flashings at chimneys, plumbing vent pipes, and locations where roofs touch up against a vertical wall that rises above the roof.
Inspect these flashings and look for rust, cracks, or other openings where water may enter. And if you detect a water leak, you’d have to call in a plumbing or cleaning service, and then disinfect the place with help of professionals from places like your local roofing contractor
In my opinion of Apple Roof Cleaning, tin and copper make the best flashing material because these metals can be soldered.
Never use aluminum flashing material in brick or masonry.
The alkaline chemicals in the mortar corrode the metal.
If you see caulk or roofing cement around flashings, it is a strong possibility that trouble is just around the corner.
Check the entire roof surface and look for nails that have popped up through the roofing.
Look for loose or cracked shingles.
Pay attention to the recessed groove areas in between each individual shingle.
The top of this knockout or groove is usually the first place you will see loss of the small colored granules.
Once the colored shingle granules disappear the asphalt below is subject to accelerated deterioration.
Moss, Mold, Algae and lichen buildup on Florida roofs can also be a problem, especially on asphalt roofing. But they can be timely prevented by many services like Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa.
These organic materials can keep the roofing material damp for extended amounts of time and this causes premature failure of the roof.
Never direct water up under roofing materials.
Hire a professional like Apple Roof Cleaning to clean your roof.
Once the roof is free of Algae and Mold, you can minimize future growth by getting on a yearly spray plan wih Apple Roof Cleaning.
This yearly spray acts as a poison, and inhibits moss and lichen growth.
Properly cared for, there is no reason not to expect 15 plus years of life from your Florida shingle roof.
- Roof Cleaning Near Me (February 8, 2023)
- MiraBay Apollo Beach Roof Cleaning (January 24, 2023)
- Barrel Tile Roof Cleaning MiraBay (December 20, 2022)
- Shingle Roof Cleaning Plant City Florida (September 19, 2022)
- Roof Cleaning Near Me (September 17, 2022)
- Roof Cleaning Cost (August 17, 2022)
- Plant City Florida Shingle Roof Cleaning (August 3, 2022)
- Cleaning Algae Resistant Shingle Roof (August 1, 2022)
- Barrel Tile Roof Cleaning Tampa 33647 (August 1, 2022)
- Barrel Tile Roof Cleaning Apollo Beach FL (June 26, 2022)
- South Tampa Tile Roof Cleaned 5-22-2022 (June 25, 2022)
- Repeat Tile Roof Cleaning North Tampa Florida (May 31, 2022)
- What Are Those Black Stains On Your Roof ? (May 31, 2022)
- Can You Pressure Wash A Shingle Roof ? (March 8, 2022)
- Asphalt Shingle Roof Cleaning Tampa (March 8, 2022)
- Tampa Barrel Tile Roof Cleaned (February 25, 2022)
- Repeat Tile Roof Cleaning in Tampa Florida (February 19, 2022)
- Safe Roof Cleaning Riverview Florida (June 23, 2021)
- ALL ABOUT ROOF CLEANING (July 1, 2020)
- Roof Cleaning Recommendations (June 13, 2020)
- Tile Roof Cleaned In Tampa Palms (May 8, 2020)
- Tampa Roof Cleaning Service (May 6, 2020)
- Tampa Roof Cleaning + Disinfecting (April 8, 2020)
- Safe Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida (March 29, 2020)
- Tile Roofs Cleaned Tampa FL (March 27, 2020)
- Plant City FL Roof Cleaning Service (March 27, 2020)
- Safe Roof Cleaning North Tampa FL (March 27, 2020)
- ROOF STAIN REMOVAL TAMPA FLORIDA (813)655-8777 (December 14, 2019)
- CLEANING A BIG TILE ROOF NEAR TAMPA FLORIDA (December 14, 2019)
- CHEMICAL ROOF CLEANING TAMPA FL (December 14, 2019)
- CHEMICALLY CLEANING BARREL TILE ROOF IN TAMPA FLORIDA (December 14, 2019)
- WHEN IS IT TIME TO GET MY ROOF CLEANED ? (December 14, 2019)
- FOUR REASONS TO CLEAN YOUR ROOF BEFORE YOU SELL (December 9, 2019)
- SAVE MONEY ON ROOF CLEANING ! (December 9, 2019)
- APPLE ROOF CLEANING TAMPA FLORIDA (813) 655-8777 (December 4, 2019)
- TAMPA ROOF RUINED BY IMPROPER ROOF CLEANING (December 4, 2019)
- All About Roof Cleaning in Tampa (December 4, 2019)
- ROOF CLEANING TAMPA – HUNTERS GREEN (December 2, 2019)
- Why Is My Roof Dirty ? (December 2, 2019)
- Tampa HOA Roof Cleaning Letters (December 2, 2019)
- Don’t miss our next event (October 25, 2019)
- Cleaning Roofs here in the Tampa Florida area (October 24, 2019)
- Hello world! (October 23, 2019)
- Softwash Roof Cleaning Tampa (April 12, 2019)
- Shingle Roof Cleaned In Tampa (April 7, 2019)
- Tampa Tile Roof We Cleaned Last Week (April 7, 2019)
- Commercial Tile Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (September 17, 2018)
- Tile Roof Cleaning Using Lift (April 15, 2018)
- Barrel Tile Roof Cleaning North Tampa 33647 (April 12, 2018)
- Will Copper Strips Keep Your Roof Clean ? (December 22, 2017)
- Roof Washing South Tampa (December 4, 2017)
- Tile Roof Cleaning Company Tampa Florida (December 4, 2017)
- Clean Your Roof Before You Sell Your Home (October 11, 2017)
- Commercial Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida Area (August 9, 2017)
- Cleaning Composite Roof Tile the Right Way (May 16, 2017)
- Cleaning A Stone Coated Steel Roof In Tampa Florida (December 11, 2015)
- Commercial Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida (May 20, 2015)
- Dark Shading On Roofs (January 23, 2014)
- Shingle Roof Cleaning (December 23, 2013)
- Tile Roof Cleaning (December 23, 2013)
- FAQ About Roof Cleaning In Tampa (December 21, 2013)
- No Pressure Shingle Roof Cleaning Tampa (December 20, 2013)
- Roof Fungus Removal Tampa FL (December 19, 2013)
- Best Roof And Exterior Cleaning In Tampa (December 19, 2013)
- Soft Wash Roof Cleaning Tampa (December 8, 2013)
- Roof Cleaning Questions and Answers (December 8, 2013)
- Non Pressure Roof Cleaners In Tampa (December 1, 2013)
- Tampa Palms Flat Tile Roof Cleaning (November 21, 2013)
- Tampa Palms Barrel Tile Roof Cleaned 8-13-2003 (August 15, 2013)
- A Good Roof Cleaning Article (July 23, 2013)
- Roof Cleaning Riverview FL (June 18, 2013)
- No Pressure Washing Roof Cleaning (June 18, 2013)
- DIY Roof Cleaning (May 17, 2013)
- Non Pressure Roof Cleaning In Tampa (May 8, 2013)
- Tile Roof Cleaning New Tampa FL 33647 (May 8, 2013)
- Homeowners Insurance Cancelled Because Of Dirty Roof (April 18, 2013)
- Cleaning Tile Roof Tampa Palms With Manlift (April 13, 2013)
- Church Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida (April 13, 2013)
- Stop Cleaning Your Roof ! (April 13, 2013)
- Do Algae Resistant Shingles Work ? (April 13, 2013)
- Black Stains On Roof (April 12, 2013)
- Is Your Roof Being Ruined ? (September 3, 2012)
- Get a Roof Cleaned for FREE! (May 26, 2012)
- What’s Growing on Your Roof! (May 26, 2012)
- Preparing to Get Your Roof Cleaned (May 26, 2012)
- Roof Cleaning Costs Tampa, Florida (May 26, 2012)
- Can a Tile Roof Help Fix Air Pollution? (May 26, 2012)
- Roof Cleaning Letters from Home Owners Association (May 26, 2012)
- Roof Cleaning Bradenton FL 34201-34212, 34280-34282 (May 6, 2009)