Apple Non Pressure Roof Cleaning Tampa Offers A Safe Chemical Roof Cleaning Process That Lasts 2-3 Times Longer than Pressure Washing Alone.
Our Chemical Roof Cleaning Process is Recommended by All Roofing Tile and Asphalt Shingle Manufacturers – All Without The Shingle Damage and/or Tile Breakage Inherent In Roof Pressure Washing!
Pressure Washing only removes the surface layers of mold, mildew and Black Algae, and in the cleaning process it severely damages the shingles and roof tiles. Pressure Washing does not KILL the algae, mildew, and mold. Chemical Roof Cleaning kills the mold, mildew, and Algae, including it’s roots and spores. The No pressure application insures that no damage is done to the asphalt roofing shingles or tiles. The result is Chemical Roof Cleaning produces a much cleaner, brighter roof that will remain clean much longer in Tampa then if Pressure Washing was used.
Here is a great article written by a Home Inspector that also warn of the dangers of Pressure Washing Roofs!
Roofing damage in progress:
I was at an inspection, talking to my client about his plan to add a bathroom to a 2nd floor area, when out of the corner of my eye… “I am sorry Mark, but would you mind if I ran downstairs to get my camera?” I didn’t wait for an answer. I needed a photo of this pressure washer damage “in action”.
Well, Mark was a nice guy and I needed a picture of this crime. The roof in question (see above) had been in fine shape (just a few minutes earlier). It had a little moss on it, some debris, but nothing that couldn’t be solved with a garden blower or a soft broom and a moss control agent.
Enter the pressure washer, and what a pressure washer it was. Just take a close look at the stream of 2400 PSI water being directed at the roof! Mark was also looking at this crime and spotted the fact that some of the roof tabs were being visibly lifted by the force of the water! (a video clip would work here). This fine roof was being destroyed! Granules were being washed off the shingles by the pound! Roofing tabs were being loosened and the self sealing adhesive broken! The roof was loosing years of life by the minute! (ok, ok, I will calm down.)
So, what’s wrong with pressure washing composition and most other types of roofs?
- Composition roofing is a relatively soft material. Any abrasive action removes the protective granular surface, breaks the bond between the shingles and damages the fabric of the material.
- At best pressure washing only does some damage to the roofing, at worst it destroys perfectly good roofing.
- When pressure washing removes moss and debris from the roof, it also removes some of the roofing material.
- If there is a lot of moss on the roof, the moss has already done some damage to the roofing material, the roofing material has already lost some of its integrity. Killing the moss with a moss control agent reduces further damage but leaves the roofing in place. Pressure washing removes the moss and the partially damaged roofing.
- The bottom line is: pressure washing a roof will shorten the life of the roofing. Pressure washing removes moss, but also part of the roofing.
Do pressure washers have any value? Yes! for deck maintenance, preparing siding for paint, and to clean concrete driveways. But even in such applications, keep in mind that pressure washers are very strong tools and can damage wood and other surfaces. They are used in logging operations to remove bark from trees!
Remember, we teach Roof Cleaning at The Roof Cleaning Institute of America. We have been preaching against the Pressure Washing Of Roofs In Tampa, or anywhere else for years!.
Apple Non Pressure Chemical Roof Cleaning 7401 Patrician Place Tampa,FL 33619 Call (813)655-8777 for a free estimate!
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon, Florida 33511